MAC’s Russian Red Lipstick Review

MAC's Russian Red has been a cult favorite for a very long time and after purchasing it, I can see why! MAC lipsticks are sold for 14.50 for .10 oz, and I think the price is a perfect mid-range that is appealing to all budgets. The cool tone of the red makes this lipstick very appealing as it is dark enough to be worn in the day and night, it is the perfect "mid-tone neutral red". The coolness of it also makes it nice to wear because it makes your teeth look whiter ;)

MAC's Russian Red is a matte finish lipstick that is mostly a mid-tone red but it does appear cooler against my warm skin tone, the undertone really depends on the person. It is very opaque and the staying power is amazing, although a bit drying. I usually apply a lip liner all over my lips and then apply the lipstick, this ensures the lipstick will stay all day.

The lipstick is part of the permanent line and I would definitely recommend it if you are on the lookout for an amazing red. MAC also offers Russian Red lip glass, which is this lipstick but in lipgloss form.
I would recommend applying this lipstick for the perfect pin-up look or also with a subtle smokey eye to create the sultriest look....


This is one of my favorite MAC lipsticks and it is a must have! It is definitely a 10/10 in texture, longevity, pigmentation, and overall product. Let me know your thoughts on it and if you plan on purchasing it.


Here I am wearing it on 4th of July! I received tons of compliments!
Marla

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Style Trends of 2011

Dr. Sue Ann Wee on Acne Scarring, Types of Acne Scars, and Treatment Options

Hair Growth Tips