Hair Growth Tips



Every girl wants long, beautiful, flowing, shiny hair. Or, at least all the girls I know... Currently, I'm in the process of trying to grow out my hair. So, I thought I might as well make an article on hair growth tips. Hope this helps out some of my fabulous followers!


1. Drink Lots and Lots of Water
I know, I know you hear it all the time, but it's true. Drinking water is sooooo good for you and there is a seemingly endless list of benefits. The reason why water is so important because it's what 55 to 75% of what your body is made up of. So, it's extremely important to replenish the body with new water everyday. Here's just a few benefits of drinking plenty of water:
- Hydrates skin, and of course HAIR :)
- Can help you lose weight because it's very common to mistake thirst for hunger
-Can boost energy
-Detoxifies the body
-Can help fight the flu, kidney stones, and even heart attacks
- It can even reduce the risk of getting cancer

Amazing, right? Wow, now I feel like getting a drink of water!

So, how much water should you drink? We typically hear 8 cups a day. A more accurate way to find out how much water you should drink would be to divide your weight in half and drink at least that amount in ounces everyday. For example, if you weighed 150 lbs you should be drinking at least 75 ounces of water everyday.

Water will be a huge help if you're trying to grow out your hair.



2. Eat foods that promote hair health
If the hair is healthy, it should grow quicker. Eat lots of fruits, vegetables, foods with Omega 3 Fatty acids and/or proteins. These will not only promote healthy hair, but healthy nails and skin.


3. Get Plenty of Rest
Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night - this is so important. Even I'm guilty of not getting the full 8 hours (I figured that I could sleep when I was dead). This is the wrong attitude! How much sleep you get is a huge factor in your overall health. Your hair can grow so much faster if you get enough rest!


4. Exercise
Exercise has many obvious benefits, but the increase in blood flow can even help in hair growth!


5. Hair Growth Supplements
Personally, I've never tried hair growth supplements. This is probably because I've never really ran into too much trouble when trying to grow my hair out. So, honestly, this method never really crossed my mind. It makes sense, though. Although, I'm not sure if it's the best place to get those nutrients. I would suggest that you should try to get those nutrients from the food that you eat.

Let me know if you've tried hair growth supplements and whether or not you saw a difference!






Citations:
http://www.mangosteen-natural-remedies.com/benefits-of-drinking-water.html
http://www.mangosteen-natural-remedies.com/drinking-8-glasses-of-water.html
http://www.suite101.com/content/hair-growth-tips-a132811
http://www.everythinghair.com/growth-tips.html

Comments

  1. Hiya! Just found your blog and I really like it :)
    Yeah, I have really been trying to eat more superfood and drink loads of water, but the normal habits of crisps and chocolate always seem to creep back in :(
    Opals are my favourite gems, which is random but true! Hehe!
    Say hi to your new follower :)
    Joelle
    xoxo
    http://www.februarygirlldn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Joelle

    Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love opals, too :). I was born in October, so I'm lucky enough to have them as my birthstone. They are so pretty. Have a great day!

    Opal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo thanks for sharing! Found this post really interesting :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Chuui

    I'm so glad you liked it! :)

    ~Opal

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing this! it was def interesting and i'll actually try :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ janet h

    I wish you much success :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking for the hair grows tips. I
    think I have found the best place .All the tips are really very effective. I
    like this post. Keep sharing with us ion future too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do not have a deficiency if your diet improves on that side and take nutritional supplements and finally waiting for this are the only things to do! Otherwise if you have fragile hair tends to fall is a shampoo that is adapted to push stronger and stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic blog. You’ve made some great points and it’s written really well.
     

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great to finally find a blog I can relate to just my kind of things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post.I am looking for your more updates.Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Informative post.This is my first time reading this blog. Definitely won't be my last though, really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great to finally find a blog I can relate to just my kind of things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice blog. I have just bookmarked this page so I don’t miss any more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  15.  Informative post.Good job.Keep it up in future too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Style Trends of 2011

Dr. Sue Ann Wee on Acne Scarring, Types of Acne Scars, and Treatment Options