Put Frizz In It's Place!









I hate frizz with a passion! I could go on for hours on how much I dislike it, but I'll spare you. Frizz is caused by breakage in the hair, which can be cause by a lot of things.
- Brushing hair too much
- Brushing hair when it's wet
- Rubber bands with the metal piece
- Rubbing wet hair with a towel
- Thinning shears or cutting the hair with a razor
- Blow dryers, curling irons, flat irons, etc.


Well the best offense is a good defense, right? Here's how I would recommend you defend yourself from the frizzies:
- Always rinse hair with the coldest water that you can stand. This will seal the cuticle making the hair look shinier and less frizzy.
- Keep brushing to a minimum. When you do brush, try using a wide-tooth comb--especially when wet-- this will be a lot less damaging to your hair.
- Avoid those rubber bands with the metal piece. If you have to tie up your hair, try a scrunchie instead!
- Blot your hair dry instead of rubbing it with a towel, which can be extremely damaging. You may even want to try a microfiber towel. Personally, I use the Mimi's Diva Dryer Hair Towel, but I hear that a lot of people like the Turbie Twists.
- Avoid heat products as much as possible. Sadly, this is the hardest one for me - I'm addicted to my flat iron :(. If you have to use heat, get an ionic hair blow dryer which will actually reduce static and frizz in the hair. For girls who are going for the straight look, I would also suggest that you use a round brush. For my curly girls, I would recommend getting a diffuser attachment for your blow dryer - but make sure you put it on a low setting!
- If you do use hot tools like flat irons or blow dryers make sure you use a heat protectant! I would recommend Tresseme or Got2B - they're cheap and work great!
- Avoid thinning shears and razors. Yes, I know they can make your hair look super awesome, but they are also super damaging.
There are a lot of products out there on the market that claim to get rid of the frizz. Here are a few that usually get high ratings:
- Crack Leave-In Hair Cream
- FHI Heat Hot Sauce
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Thermal Protection Hair Serum
- Biosilk Silk Therapy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Style Trends of 2011

Dr. Sue Ann Wee on Acne Scarring, Types of Acne Scars, and Treatment Options

Hair Growth Tips