Opal Stevens' Beauty Blogger of the Week: Vijaya Singh



I'm very excited to announce this week's Beauty Blogger of the Week - Vijaya Singh! Make sure to follow her blog Fierce Nerditude

How did you get started blogging?
I always wanted to blog: I just buy so much makeup that it seemed natural. I just never really did it until earlier this year. I had a lot of free time, designed a layout for my site and here we are now!
New Beauty Trend you like? 
I'm not really a keeping-up-with-trends kind of girl, but according to Sephora's website, apparently bright colors are in? I can totally get behind that any time of the year.
Favorite Fashion trend?
Again, I always have a little trouble with trends, but I really like wedges, so let's go with those!
Favorite Health tip? 
Keep an even pace when running. Going randomly fast as you can then slowing down is just not as beneficial; I didn't know that when I first started running!


What are some of your favorite beauty products?


High Voltage Cosmetics Lip Whips: They're a lovely opaque, creamy product that are packaged like glosses, but look like lipsticks when applied. I like the selection of colors (there are lots of really cool average options, like reds and pinks, but there are also lots of funky shades like green and blue) and the formula is to die for: you only need the tiniest bit for opacity and it doesn't bleed or sink into liplines. I always seem to choose these over regular lipstick! My favorite colors of the ones I own so far are Midnite Desire, Synth Pop, Kashmir, Girl From Mars and Cupid's Victim.


Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara: It gives me length, volume and separation. Plus, the brush is great, because with it, even when I do two or three coats, the mascara never clumps on me. Totally my go-to mascara (since I've discovered it, it's actually been my only mascara!)

Too Faced Shadow Insurance: Pretty much every eyeshadow wearer needs to find a holy grail primer, unless of course they've been naturally blessed and their eyeshadow never creases to begin with (lucky duckies!) I haven't been blessed as such, so this is mine. It takes care of my mega-oily eyelids so that my shadows don't crease, and gives my colors that extra punch of vibrancy.

Bare Escentuals Buxom Lip Polish: I love the staying power and cooling sensation of these glosses. I don't know how much they plump, but they definitely help my lips out with long term moisture. Krystal is my favorite clear gloss of all time, and Zena, Dolly and Racquel are some of my favorite colors.

Urban Decay 24/7 Liner Pencils: They're creamy, have a great range of colors and stay put all day. What more could a girl ask of a pencil liner?

Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadows: They're vibrant, affordable and come in so many colors.

MAC Powder Blush: They have great pigmentation and wear generally. They also come in a variety of finishes and shades, so you'll probably find a color you like regardless of skin tone, shimmer preference or shade preference. I really like Plum Foolery, Fever and Sweet As Cocoa from the permanent line. The limited edition shades are always worth a look, too: Pink Cult from the recent Jeanius collection is one of my all-time favorites!

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation and Prep + Prime Face Protect Primer: I'm a busy-all-day pre-med college student, and I need a foundation that really can take my schedule and last through not only my school day, but my regular oil production and after school workout as well. This totally delivers on all counts and it doesn't transfer to the inside of my gym shirt when I change either. The primer is a whopping SPF 50, and really gives the foundation a boost. How sweet is that?

Vijaya  <3

Comments

  1. Vijaya sure uses a lot of beauty products. I recommend the Urban Decay 24/7 Liner Pencils since it is smudge-proof and waterproof. I also prefer using Inglot eyeshadows since their eyeshadows are soft like butter and have tons of colors.

    http://www.skinbeautyreview.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Style Trends of 2011

Dr. Sue Ann Wee on Acne Scarring, Types of Acne Scars, and Treatment Options

Hair Growth Tips