Opal Stevens' Beauty Blogger of the Week: Kia Simpson


I'm very excited to announce this week's "Beauty Blogger of the Week" - the artistically talented and beautiful Kia!  I love her blog and she illustrates all the pictures of beauty products on her blog using watercolors and cosmetics. It's definitely one of the coolest and most unique blogs I've seen and you should definitely check it out - MAKE me UP

How did you get started blogging? 
I think like most bloggers, I loved reading blogs. There are so many good ones out there & Not long after I decided I would like to make my own. I wasn't 100% sure what I would blog about, but I knew it would be beauty related. Intertwining Art into my blog was completely unplanned, but I think if you have a passion for something, blog about it! 

Favorite Hair Tip or Product? 
Because I dye my hair, a good conditioner to keep it looking healthy is really important, but I don't think I have a favourite product/brand. I do like to use Talcum Powder on my roots if they get greasy, it's a great alternative to dry shampoo.


Beauty trend you love? 
Brown smokey eyes, my all time favourite look.

Favorite fashion trend? 
At the minute I am loving knee length dresses. Inspired by the likes of Kate Middleton & the 50's. However I do like my comfy jumpers/sweaters!


Favorite Health tip?
Exercising should be enjoyable and not a chore, find an activity that you actually want to do!

Life tip?
Your Mother was probably right

What are some of your favorite beauty products?

Bio Oil 60ml 8.99 Renowned for it's quality and versatility. I like to put this on my face once a week before bed, it really helps to hydrate my skin. It also helps improve the appearance of scars, uneven skin tone and ageing skin. One of those must have products. 


Kiehls Creme De Corps 27.00 Such a lovely body moisturizer, definitely going in my top 3. This absorbs nicely, it has a thick, luxurious, non-greasy formula and leaves my skin hydrated. Simple yet effective.

Shu Uemura Depsea Water 16.50 
This gentle spray mists lightly onto my face, sinks into my skin & leaves it feeling refreshed. They have a range of different aromas, my current fav is lavender. It's great if you skin is looking a bit tired!



Make sure to check out Kia's blog - MAKE me UP

If you'd like to be a future Opal Stevens' "Beauty Blogger of the Week" contact me at opalstevensblog@gmail.com


Comments

  1. I like blogger interviews. I learn so much! :]
    This is great!

    By the way, I’m having an international Pura Vida bracelets giveaway so come check it out! :]
     
    xoxo, Bree
     
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely jubbaly :) thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great!! thanks for the tips it made my day
    Fue hair care

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Style Trends of 2011

Dr. Sue Ann Wee on Acne Scarring, Types of Acne Scars, and Treatment Options

Hair Growth Tips