Guest Post: E.L.F Essentials Lipstick Review


“This moisture rich formula hydrates conditions and softens on contact for silky smooth lips. Instantly beautiful, healthy-looking lips designed, formulated and tested by our professional team of makeup artists.” 

The description E.L.F provides is pretty much dead on! I am in love with the formulation of this lipsticks. They glide on smoothly and feel like butter on my lips, and at only $1 they are a definite steal. 

E.L.F offers a variety of 12 colors, 6 of which are new. I own two: Gypsy & Classy. Gypsy is a beautiful berry colored pink, while classy is more of a cool toned natural pink. I have bought Classy two times because I love it so much, it is one of those colors that looks like my natural lip color...BUT BETTER :)



You receive a total of 3.5 g of product and it comes in your average lipstick twist-up tube. The container is made of plastic but I have found that it is resistant and does not break easily. The color pay off is great and these lipsticks have just enough pigmentation. I would say the finish is comparable to MAC’s satin or creamsheen finishes.Throughout the day the formulation hydrates my lips and does not dry them, but I find that the product is not SUPER long lasting, although it does leave my lips stained with a bit of color. 

Overall, I am definitely impressed with the E.L.F lipsticks. :)
PACKAGING: 5 out of 5
FORMULATION: 4.5 out of 5
FINAL THOUGHT: 4 out of 5 

My final thought is based on the fact that the lipstick does not last a long time and because not all colors are readily available at Target, only online. 

Would I repurchase and do I recommend? Definitely!

GYPSY IS ON THE LEFT, CLASSY IS ON THE RIGHT :) 

Have you tried the E.L.F Lipsticks? What are your thoughts? 

MarlaMarla
Marla is just another girl in love with makeup & she wants to share it with the world. With her blog she has been able to share looks, life lessons, and most of all love.



Comments

  1. LynnDanielleTreasureJanuary 9, 2012 at 3:48 AM

    Excellent stats provided. Going to try at least one of these colors before the end of the month. With 12 colors, there's plenty to select! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Style Trends of 2011

Dr. Sue Ann Wee on Acne Scarring, Types of Acne Scars, and Treatment Options

Hair Growth Tips