Guest Post: Favorite Beauty Products of 2011

2011 was filled with much joy, surprises, and some sadness... It went by so fast, just like every other year. In this post I will be sharing my favorite or most used beauty products of 2011.

SKINCARE
Philosophy Purity Cleanser: 
A non-foaming one step facial cleanser. It removes makeup, cleanses your face, and is also a toner. This cleanser was love at first use for me, I received it in my Birchbox and immediately went to Sephora to buy another bottle.





Clarisonic Mia: 
I received my Clarisonic Mia and immediately fell in love, I use it along with the Purity cleanser and I have never felt my skin so soft. The fast moving bristles help to clean your skin and wash away impurities.





Sweet Pea Body Spray: 
Bath and Body Works has released many new scents but Sweet Pea will always hold a special place in my heart. It is the first scent I think of when thinking of B&BW, this year I went all out and I bought the whole set (body spray, lotion, and body wash). Smelling like Sweet Pea makes me happy :)




DENTAL CARE
Colgate Optic White Toothpaste: 
This toothpaste is seriously AMAZING! Not only does it leave my mouth fresh and clean but it also has whitened my teeth. I will never go back to any other toothpaste...best $5 I have spent.




MAKEUP TOOLS
MAC 217 Brush: 
This brush is a must have in any person that wears makeup. You can use it to define your crease, blend your eyeshadow, or apply concealer...The uses are endless. I can do all of my eye makeup with this brush only!




Essence of Beauty Concealer & Foundation Brushes: 
These brushes are of amazing quality! You can find them at CVS Drugstores or online. I use them for applying foundation and have never gotten such great application. A must have in my collection!





MAKEUP
Benefit’s The PoreFessional Primer: 
I discovered this product towards the end of the year but immediately noticed a difference in the wear of my makeup but most of all in the way my skin looked. It looks flawless when I wear this primer.





Revlon ColorStay Foundation (150 Buff): 
This foundation means some serious business, it is a full coverage matte foundation and is one of the best I have tried. They offer a variety of colors and it lasts all day! I could not imagine myself without it!







Almay Smart Shade Concealer: 
This concealer adapts to your skin and gives you medium coverage, I love it for the days when I do not feel like wearing foundation. I use it just on blemishes and it stays on all day.




Jordana Blush in Rouge:
I love all the Jordana Blushes but the color Rouge has been my favorite, it is a bright pink that gives the perfect pop of color to my everyday makeup looks.
ELF Eyelid Primer:
For just one dollar this primer is an ASTOUNDING product, it not only gets rid of redness on my lid it also prevents my eyeshadow from creasing. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.


Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara: 
I prefer to wear eyelashes when I do my makeup but for days when I want to wear mascara I reach for the Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara. It lengthens and separates my lashes making them look super long.


MAC Lipsticks in Amplified Finish: 
The amplified finish is intense color, and strangely all of my MAC lipsticks are in this finish. I have bold colors ranging from orange to purple and I love each one of them. I definitely recommend this type of finish to those girls that like bold lips and like to venture out of their comfort zones.

These are all my favorites for 2011, I hope this gave you some suggestions to what new products you want to try.

What were your favorite products?


Marla
Marla
Marla is just another girl in love with makeup & she wants to share it with the world. With her blog she has been able to share looks, life lessons, and most of all love.



Comments

  1. You have some of the same favourites I do, the mascara is fabulous, ELF primer highly under-rated, MIA irreplaceable.  Going to try that Almay concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to show my passion for your kind-heartedness for
    individuals who have the need for help with this important topic. Your
    very own dedication to passing the solution around came to be
    wonderfully practical and have continuously empowered most people much
    like me to realize their goals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Style Trends of 2011

Dr. Sue Ann Wee on Acne Scarring, Types of Acne Scars, and Treatment Options

Hair Growth Tips