Ceramic vs Tourmaline Flat Irons

Picking out a flat iron used to be easy, but as technology gets more advanced and we've begun to see names like ceramic or titanium flat iron it's not surprising that a lot of women are raising an eyebrow. It sounds all nice and fancy schmancy, but seriously, what the heck does it even mean? And is it really worth the extra cash?! I did a little research to figure it out.

Ceramic irons have ceramic plates and provide even heating making it less damaging than the metals traditionally used in flat irons. Ceramic irons release negative ions which when heated can actually help seal the cuticle and give the hair a healthy looking shine. 
Titanium irons have a very smooth surface and keep the temperature of the flat iron stable and even throughout. Titanium releases even more negative ions than ceramic flat irons and as a result the hair will be shinier. Although any kind of heat styling can cause damage, I've found that ceramic and titanium flat irons are definitely much better and kinder to your hair than traditional flat irons. 
Oh, and I'm looking for new hair products! I'm running out and I would like to try something new:). I've heard a lot of people say that Moroccan oil is THE best hair oil. Has anyone tried it? Do you like it?

Comments

  1. I definitely agree with you. Ceramic and Titanium flat irons are the way to go. Moroccan oil is definitely the best! Do try it!

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can barely operate a hair dryer....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Style Trends of 2011

Dr. Sue Ann Wee on Acne Scarring, Types of Acne Scars, and Treatment Options

Hair Growth Tips