Opal Stevens' Beauty Blogger of the Week: Kristina Stone

I'm very excited to announce this week's Beauty Blogger of the Week - the wonderful Kristina Stone! Make sure to follow her blog Be Your Own Beauty


How did you get started blogging?
I started blogging a few months ago because I really love beauty and I wanted to talk about finding your own beauty within a society that tells you what you should like or not like. I wanted to post about things I have learned over the years because I know how it feels to be completely lost when it comes to makeup or beauty products. I wasn't expecting any followers but look at me now! I am so excited when I hit a few more followers and I will show my husband each time. I just love reviewing products as well and writing about my life. It has become a passion of mine!


Beauty trend you love?
I love the red lips and neutral face. I love having that one pop of statement within your look. I really enjoy the smoky eye or the pink cheeks. My number one favorite beauty trend would be the neutral eye. Something about enhancing your natural beauty really makes your look seem simple, yet confident. It makes you look like you are not trying to hide who you are. 


Favorite fashion trend?
I personally am not in a particular trend, however I sure do love the Indie trend. I love leggings, skinny jeans, anything that creates a very feminine presence. I love loose tops and slip on shoes. Anything that can be comfortable!


Favorite Health tip?
I would have to say my favorite health tip is eating the right way. Makeup can only do so much. If you are not healthy on the inside, the outside will not to. Eating veggies, nuts, and berries really help your skin!


Beauty products you love?
Maybelline Falshies Mascara: This gives you both volume and length! It does not clump or flake. It is really the go to mascara and it's cheap!
Too Faced Shadow Insurance: The eye primer is great! It does not crease and keeps your shadow on literally all day! It feels so soft as you apply it and it is not messy.

Madd Style Cosmetics Awesome Sauce: This eye primer/base works amazing with TFSI! It really makes your shadow pop! 

Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes: These are great to get off makeup and really feels like your face is clean! It smells really yummy to. It is also 98% natural. 

Makeup Forever HD Powder: This stuff is amazing and really makes your skin so soft. It helps reduce shine and gives a very healthy finish.

e.l.f. Blush in Pink Passion: This is just a perfect shade of pink.

Laura Geller Blush-N-Brighten in Honey Dipped: This works so well as a light bronzer and gives such a beautiful glow to the face!

Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki brush F80: This brush gives such a great finish to your foundation. It looks airbrushed if used properly. 

Too Faced Primed and Poreless face primer: This helps make my foundation look so flawless and soft. I almost cannot live without it and need to get a full size pronto!

Make sure to follow Kristina Stone's blog - Be Your Own Beauty. You can also find her on Youtube, here


If you'd like to be considered for "Beauty Blogger of the Week" - contact me at opalstevensblog@gmail.com 

Comments

  1. hairtransplant pakistanNovember 3, 2011 at 1:18 PM

    nice beauty products that ad alot to our beauty
    Hair Transplant In Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the blog. I really want to get the bronzer you recommended. Plus your advice on skin and healthy eating was so true. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Style Trends of 2011

Dr. Sue Ann Wee on Acne Scarring, Types of Acne Scars, and Treatment Options

Hair Growth Tips