Opal Stevens' Beauty Blogger of the Week: Alex


I'm very excited to announce this week's Beauty Blogger of the Week - my good friend Alex :D! It's crazy how much we have in common (I'm pretty sure we are twins that were separated at birth) - she's such an awesome person. Please, make sure to follow her blog Beauty in Bloom!


How did you get started blogging?
I actually discovered the youtube beauty videos first about two years ago, when I was trying to find ideas for something to wear for the first day of school. After that I knew I wanted to do something like that in my free time, but I didn't have a video camera and I really didn't want to be on camera, so I looked into blogs. I started mine October of 2010 but I really got into it in March and now I'm completely obsessed :)

Beauty trend you love?
I love coral lips right now, they look good on anybody and they compliment almost any eye makeup.

Favorite fashion trend?
Any type of dress! Floral, maxi, big print, small print, I love dresses! I actually wouldn't wear pants till the fourth grade, only dresses and skirts. I feel like I'm repeating that pattern again, I actually wasn't too big on maxi dresses at first but they are so comfy and you can dress them up and down with jackets, shoes and accessories! They're fantastic!

Favorite health tip?
There are actually two really easy tips that I make sure I follow, I drink at least 4 or 5 bottles of water per day and 3 to 4 cups of green tea per day. Doing both just cleanses your body of toxins and all the gross stuff that your body absorbs through out the day. And green tea makes you feel really happy and refreshed all day.

Beauty products you love?

Covergirl CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer: I love how light it feels, yet it still gives amazing coverage.


Physicians Formula Palette for Blue Eyes: Amazing! I don't have enough great things to say about this palette, it has amazing pigmentation and it really compliments your eyes. Then nice thing about the colors is you have three colors that are great for a day look, and a dressy dinner look and a night look, there are so many options!



Lancôme Ombre Asolue Shadow Duo: Great for a day makeup look! Brightens up your face!

Bare Minerals Foundation in Medium: This was the first ever foundation I ever tried and I've tried dozens since and nothing compares. It has a flawless application and is so light. Plus it doesn't dry out my skin, yay!



MAC Shadow in Era: It's funny that out of all the MAC shadows this one would be my favorite, just because its just a plain old light brown. But I absolutely love it! you can use it as a lid, crease or just by itself!



Victoria Secret Beauty Rush Lipgloss in Strawberry Fizz: I've always been a huge fan of the VS glosses, I feel though that in the past 2 or 3 years they've changed the formulation so they're a sticky now, maybe its just me. So I layer the gloss over a lip balm!

EOS Lip Balm in Lemon Drop: I am super picky when it comes to lip balms, they can't be waxy or heavy or smell weird. I've tried everything from the $14 MAC ones to the $1.29 blistex. I haven't been impressed, then I saw the EOS at rite aid and honestly grabbed it because of the packaging - its in this cute little ball. A huge plus for me with the EOS balm is, constantly I'm tempted to put balms in my pocket and then they get washed and ruin my clothes, but EOS doesn't fit in my pocket! So it doesn't get washed! And the lemon drop one smells amazing, I want to eat it!



Covergirl Nature Luxe Mousse Mascara: I'm not a person who loves huge massive lashes, sounds weird I know! But naturally I have long lashes. I want to look cute, but normal! Volume, I love, just not alot of length. The mousse mascara adds to your lashes, but doesn't over-power them!



Maybelline Color Sensational in Wink of Pink: I was hesitant with trying a lip stain, just because of the name, lip-stain. I wanted to be able to get it off! But I ended up really liking it! It comes off, its a cute color and perfect for the beach or a picnic because you don't have to worry about it smuding or getting on your teeth.

Arbonne Blush in Ballet: Gorgeous pink color! Gives your cheeks a beautiful flush!



Comments

  1. aw thanks for doing that! I'm seriously FLIPPING out haha yes i know, pathetic :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Style Trends of 2011

Dr. Sue Ann Wee on Acne Scarring, Types of Acne Scars, and Treatment Options

Hair Growth Tips